There is no denying that everyone wants to have a good time when out on the town.  The problem is when police tell you to take that ‘good time’ somewhere else or you end up in the back of a police van.

Western Australian police have the authority to issue a move on notice.  Move on notices were introduced in Western Australia in 2006 and give police the power to ban an individual from a designated area for a period of time.  In order for the police to issue a move on notice, they must be satisfied that the person receiving the notice is suspected of:

  • doing something violent, or will do something violent;
  • disturbing the peace;
  • preventing a person from doing something lawful; and
  • intending to commit a criminal offence.

When issued with a move on notice, an individual either refuses to leave or returns to the place prior to the time limit expiring, they can expect to be arrested and charged.

Should you, or anyone you know, need any help in relation to breaching a move on notice, or any other criminal matters, contact Lawson Legal for your free initial consultation with one of our experienced criminal lawyers.