Finding yourself charged with any number of criminal offences can be unnerving, to say the least. This is a time when even the most level-headed and savvy individuals may feel completely in over their heads. Regardless of the charges, you should not attempt to forego legal representation; you need a qualified criminal lawyer.
Naturally, this begs the question, “What do I look for in a good criminal lawyer?”
TRAITS OF A GOOD CRIMINAL LAWYER:
- Commitment to making the experience as easy as possible for clients
- Educated and possessing necessary credentials
- Experienced is multiple facets of criminal law
- Positive references
- Proven successes
This may sound like a tall order. However, Lawson Legal’s principal defence lawyer, Richard Lawson, has the background, experience, and skills to exceed these expectations.
WHAT MAKES LAWSON LEGAL MORE ACCESSIBLE THAN OTHER LEGAL FIRMS?
Unlike many law firms, which are available five days a week, Richard Lawson is on the job Monday through Saturday to meet the needs of clients. Additionally, clients are welcome to arrange appointments on Sunday and can reach Richard for emergency help 24/7.
HOW DOES LAWSON HELP CLIENTS THROUGH THE LEGAL PROCESS?
Mr Lawson tailored his Perth-based legal practice to work with his clients to help them through excessively stressful times. Aside from flexible scheduling, Lawson Legal clients experience:
- Affordability – While some lawyers may charge exorbitant fees and retainers, Richard Lawson maintains affordable rates. Clients pay nothing for their first consultation. Once Mr Lawson is on a case, all fees are in accordance with the most recent Magistrates Court Criminal Scale of Costs. To help clients manage their legal fees, Lawson Legal permits clients to make monthly instalment payments.
- Refund Policy – In addition to fair pricing practices and payment options, Lawson Legal comes with a refund policy. This policy states that you will be refunded for work not completed. For example, if you opt to change your plea from not guilty to guilty, you will only pay for services rendered at the time. You will be refunded all other monies previously collected and held in a trust account.
- Flexibility – Mr Lawson is with his clients throughout all aspects of their experience with the legal system. Unlike other legal firms, He stands by you during bail applications, direction hearings, trials, and sentencing.
WHAT IS MR LAWSON’S EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND?
Mr Lawson worked within the Canadian criminal justice system for a decade prior to coming to Perth. He studied criminal law and earned his Bachelor of Laws (LLB), as well as his Master of Laws (LLM), at The University of Western Australia. After completing his LLM, Mr Lawson gained admittance as a barrister and solicitor in Perth.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DOES MR LAWSON POSSESS?
Mr Lawson has a total of 25 years of total legal work experience. He directed adult and juvenile offenders in Canada for a decade and worked as a State prosecutor with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions for Western Australia. After nearly five years, he opened a criminal law firm and began practice as a defence lawyer.
During his 19 years working as a lawyer in Perth and the surrounding rural areas of Western Australia, Mr Lawson conducted many trials and hearings in the Supreme, District, and Magistrates Courts of Western Australia. He has a solid reputation as an expert in the field of criminal law.
DOES MR LAWSON HAVE REFERENCES FROM CLIENTS?
In his high-rating Google reviews (which you can read here), Mr Lawson’s former clients offered high praise for his professional demeanour and ability to relate to clients creating a relaxed atmosphere. Additionally, former clients laud Mr Lawson’s negotiation skills and exceptional advice. He is highly recommended to those in need of a criminal lawyer.
DOES MR LAWSON HAVE A DOCUMENTED SUCCESS RECORD?
Throughout his extensive career, Mr Lawson has represented clients charged with manslaughter, assault, burglary, serious traffic offences, drug possession, and more. During all cases he conducts, Mr Lawson diligently brings the facts behind the headlines to light in the courtroom. This allows judges and jurors to see a fair and balanced representation of events and circumstances surrounding events leading to the defendant’s arrest.
FOR WHAT SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MR LAWSON REPRESENT A CLIENT?
Mr Lawson and the team at Lawson Legal will represent clients experiencing a wide range of legal problems. These issues include but are not limited to:
- Assault – This category divides into several degrees of offence including common assault, assault causing bodily harm, grievous bodily harm, and serious assault
- Burglary – Defined as an occasion where someone enters the premises of another without permission and commits a legal offence
- Drug offences – Possession, dealing and manufacturing illegal substances all fall into this category
- Robbery – Distinguished from burglary by the location and the use of threats of violence, robbery is divided into robbery and armed robbery. The presence of a weapon, even unused, during the robbery, changes the magnitude of the charge.
- Serious Traffic violations including but not limited to: reckless driving, dangerous driving, and careless driving
- Theft – The weight of theft charges typically depends on the item taken and its value. Additionally, theft from one’s employer carries a heavier weight than theft of a stranger.
WHAT TYPE OF LEGAL SERVICES DOES A CRIMINAL LAWYER NOT PROVIDE?
As we are a criminal law firm, we don’t provide the following services:
- Loan documents
- Grant deed
- Authorisation for minor to travel
- Power of attorneys
- And so on. If you’re looking for these types of services, we recommend Mobile Notary Douglasville Ga.
IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW?
If you are in trouble with the law, contact a trusted and experienced criminal lawyer who will be sure that you get justice.